Empowering Youths, Shaping the Technocrats


A peep at some distant orb has power to raise and purify our thoughts like a strain of sacred music, or a noble picture, or a passage from the grander poets. It always does one good.

Canada Immigration

Canadian Experience Class

 ♦ Canada Immigration Overview

 ♦ Express Entry

 ♦ Federal Skilled Worker

 ♦ Federal Skilled Trade Class

 ♦ Provincial Nominee Program

 ♦ Quebec Immigration

 ♦ Immigration Pilot Programs

 ♦ Family Sponsorship Class

 ♦ Canadian Experience Class

Book for Consultation by An Expert

In order to have your questions answered by an expert, you have to book for consultation. 


Option For International Students

For many international graduates, the Canadian Experience Class may offer the fastest and most simple path to achieving permanent residence.

Know More

Options for Foreign Workers

If you are considering applying under the Canadian Experience Class, you may have other additional for Canadian immigration through the various Provincial Nominee Programs.

Know More

Canadian Experience Class FAQ

In order to have your questions answered by an expert, you have to book for consultation. 

Know More

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is one of three Canadian skilled worker immigration programs that is managed by the Federal Express Entry system. Specifically, the CEC is designed for permanent residence applicants who have Canadian work experience that they obtained through a temporary work permit. Seeing as temporary foreign workers are most likely already settled in Canadian society with support networks, they can easily transition to becoming permanent residents and eventual citizens of Canada. The CEC provides them with the path towards achieving this goal.

There are over 70 different routes that you can take to get permanent residence in Canada. The trick is finding and applying for the Canadian immigration program that is best suited to your unique profile. Do you have skilled work experience obtained in Canada? Then the Canadian Experience Class could be the perfect immigration program for you. Learn everything you need to know about this fast track program to Canada below.

Canadian Experience Class Requirements?

There are several requirements you will have to meet in order to qualify for this program. It is worth mentioning that there is no education requirement for the CEC; however, your educational background can help to boost your Comprehensive Ranking System points which is used to rank your profile among the pool of Express Entry candidates.

Work Experience You must have one year of skilled, Canadian work experience. The work experience must be:
♦ For a full-time position; or
♦ The equivalent time in a part-time position;
♦ Legally obtained in Canada;
♦ From jobs defined by the Canadian National
   Occupational Classification (NOC) as level 0, A
   or B.
EducationThere is no education requirement for this program. You can; however, increase your Express Entry score by:
♦ Earning a certificate, diploma or degree from a
   Canadian secondary or tertiary school;

♦ Completing a foreign credential;
♦ Getting an Educational Credential Assessment
   (ECA) showing your previous education meets
   Canadian standards.
Language Skill
You must:
♦ Take an approved language test for writing,
   reading, listening and speaking;

♦ Meet the minimum language requirement of
   Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0 or
   A jobs, or Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for
   NOC B jobs.
You must legally be allowed to enter Canada.

Another great feature of this program is that if you qualify, you can move to any province and territory in Canada except for Quebec. Remember, the French-speaking province of Quebec has its own immigration programs with different processes and requirements.

Canadian Experience Class applications also do not need proof of settlement funds making the required documentation significantly less. This allows applications to be processed in as little as three to four months!

How to Apply for the Canadian Experience Class

Work in Canada for One Year

You must have at least one year of Canadian work experience. Unfortunately, self-employment and work experience you earned while you were a full-time student does not count. However, work experience you obtained through temporary visas, like the Working Holiday Visa, do count towards this requirement.

Meet Minimum Criteria

Make sure you meet all of the requirements discussed in the table above. To discover your Canadian Language Benchmark level, you will have to complete an approved language test like IELTS for English and TEF for French. We advise you to apply for an ECA as soon as possible as this certificate typically takes quite some time to be processed.

Create Your Express Entry Profile

As mentioned previously, the Federal Express Entry program manages the pool of candidates for the Canadian Experience Class. Therefore you must create an online Express Entry profile to qualify for the program.

Your Express Entry profile will be given a score out of a possible 1,200 according to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). These points take into consideration your age, work experience, language ability, education and several other factors. Your profile is then ranked against other profiles in the Express Entry pool based on CRS scores.

Candidates with the highest ranking Express Entry profiles are invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence through regular draws held by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Gather Documents

Once you have your Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian PR (permanent residence) you need to gather all of the required documents. You will need a criminal record check and a medical certificate. You must then submit your application for Canadian PR within 60 days of receiving your ITA.

Get Confirmation of Permanent Residence

As mentioned before, CEC applications are typically processed within 4 months. Once approved, you will receive a confirmation of permanent residence document. This will serve as proof of your permanent residence when you arrive in Canada.